As the composition of municipal solid waste varies greatly, its calorific value fluctuates greatly, its moisture content is high and it contains certain non-combustible substances, it is undoubtedly unsatisfactory if it is directly used as solid fuel without treatment. In recent years, with the improvement of living standards and the continuous improvement of calorific value of municipal solid waste, more and more attention has been paid to the energy utilization of municipal solid waste. The municipal solid waste treatment method, which processes municipal solid waste into a new solid fuel with higher calorific value, more stable, easy transportation and storage, has been greatly developed and applied.
Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) generally refers to the solid fuel produced by crushing and screening out the non-combustible waste from municipal solid waste, further crushing and drying the waste plastic, paper scraps and other combustible materials. This new type of fuel, which is processed from municipal solid waste, is called Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF).
Rubbish derived fuels (RDF) have the following advantages:
1) High calorific value and uniform combustion characteristics;
2) Energy reuse and comprehensive efficiency;
3) The content of heavy metals in flue gas is low, the cost of flue gas purification is low, and the ash content is low.
Waste derived fuels (RDF) are widely used in the following areas:
1) The application of refuse derived fuel (RDF) in small and medium-sized public places mainly refers to warm water swimming pool, gymnasium, hospital, public bathroom, welfare home for the elderly, snow melting and so on.
2) Application in drying engineering: burning refuse derived fuel (RDF) in a special boiler as a heat source in drying and thermal deodorization engineering;
3) Application in cement manufacturing: The combustion ash of refuse derived fuel (RDF) generally needs to be treated, which undoubtedly needs to increase operating costs. In order to develop a new RDF application field with low operating cost, the combustion ash of refuse derived fuel (RDF) can be used as raw material in cement manufacturing process, thus canceling the ash treatment process of refuse derived fuel (RDF) combustion and reducing operation cost.
4) Application of district heating project: In the area where the infrastructure of heating project is relatively complete, only a special RDF combustion boiler can be built to realize the heating of refuse derived fuel (RDF). However, because of the high cost, it is not economical to use refuse derived fuel (RDF) for heating in areas where the infrastructure of heating projects is relatively backward.
5) Application of power generation engineering: It is very economical to combine waste derived fuel (RDF) with coal for power generation in coal-fired thermal power plants, or to generate electricity on a small scale in a special waste derived fuel (RDF) combustion boiler.
6) Application as carbide: The waste derived fuel (RDF) is pyrolyzed and carbonized in the condition of air isolation, the combustible gas produced is burned as the heat source in drying engineering, and the pyrolysis residue is carbide which can be used as reducing agent instead of coke in ironmaking blast furnace.